Thursday, April 23, 2015

Gastronomy

I haven't posted in a few weeks, not because I've forgotten (which is usually the case) or been too busy (which also happens a lot), but because I haven't felt that I've had much to share.
I haven't found any amazingly inspirational ways to motivate myself.
I've made some good food, but only based on Pinterest recipes.
I've been eating well (mostly!) and working out, but haven't seen much progress.

I guess you could say that I'm in a lull. I've been focusing on getting a real "big-girl" job and traveling all over the state to go to interviews, but I haven't done much when it comes to creativity or things I felt the need to share.

But now I have a thought worth sharing:
For a couple of years now I've been toying with the idea of learning about gastronomy ("the practice or art of choosing, cooking, and eating good food"-Google definition). I'm particularly interested in the science of food. Like, "why am I putting in 1/4 tsp of salt into this batch of cookies- surely that amount won't do anything!" I'm not quite sure how to get started with this unless I want to shell out a bunch of cash in order to take classes about it. And I'm just graduating college- paying even more money to take even more classes already doesn't sound so appealing.
Hopefully I'll find some way of learning this stuff online. I'll probably start with the ever-helpful Pinterest and go from there.

Do you have any experience with gastronomy? Know any good sources I should check out? Let me know in the comments!
The buckeye pie I made for Pi Day (3/14)-- holy cow was it sweet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment