Sunday, March 15, 2015

Finally Starting a New Journey

For the past couple of years, I've been meaning to eat right and get active. I do a bunch of research to learn the best ways. I'm practically an expert.
Yet I've never been able to stick to a new "lifestyle." I truly enjoy working out, and healthy foods are appetizing.
For the longest time I told myself that I was too busy to get to the gym. I had assignments with deadlines. And after all, sleep is an important step to weight loss!
I'm now officially less busy than I've been since middle school. I can't use that excuse anymore, but I still find it hard to get going.
Today that will change. I'm not worrying too much about what food I eat- I'll eat what I want. I just won't let myself eat out as much as I use to.
I'm getting active. I'm planning on having some kind of workout at least three times a week, more when I feel up to it. The best part? My workouts can be just about anything active.
The weather is improving, so hopefully I'll be able to get out to walk, jog, ride my bike, or enjoy some other outdoor activity. Otherwise, cleaning my apartment and dancing around both count!

My first step along my journey is commit to this blog! I'll check in about once a week with an update of how it's going and what's motivating me at the moment.

Day 1 of my Journey:
I'm getting active TONIGHT. I've got some great music playing, and I can't wait to enjoy my empty apartment in order to dance like a lunatic!
My current motivation is imagining the faces of friends that I don't see very often when they see my new, fit body! (I guess that's one perk of being fairly secluded lately!)

If you want to join the journey with me, comment below. We can hold each other accountable!

No comments:

Post a Comment